Friday, January 7, 2011

Go Credit Card Free Today!!

There is a website that I joined awhile back offering personal daily challenges: https://www.meyouhealth.com/challenge/2011/1/7/go-credit-card-free-today?challenge_how_id=58909#challenge-how-58909

Well, today the challenge was go credit card free today, I'm sure they meant for 1 day, but here's the thing.... we have been credit card free in my household for over 2 years now. We made a conscious decision that they were just more bills at the end of each month that we couldn't eventually afford. We were able to get "things" in the now, but in the long run it hurt, you pay more, because you're paying interest, etc. Some give rewards and we had those too, but the rewards never added up to much! So, we cut them up, paid them off & haven't touch a credit card since.

We actually have to save to buy things & yes that means sometimes we don't get them. I do suppose that one day we might have a card again (for emergencies), but not any time soon. We sacrifice, but it's not forever, and we have what we need.

Don't get me wrong, my kids still got totally spoiled for Christmas - I bought them way too much, but it was worth it & I have no credit card bill to look forward to that will make me cringe; it's all paid & behind us, so we got to enjoy them opening gifts without having to think about a bill that will come next month. I can honestly tell you that makes me feel so much better when I do spend "too" much on an occasion, or event.

We started the process of going credit card free over 3 years ago, it took us some time to pay a couple of them off. It's a process, but it's worth it in the end. If anyone would like advice, please feel free to ask.

Check out that daily challenge site too, I find some of the excercies are helpful & make me think.

No comments:

Post a Comment